Building games, NFTs,... in the Web 3 and Metaverse is practically impossible without young and creative minds. While they are still very much in their infancy, SotaTek is already making moves to expand the space. SotaTek is collaborating with Klaytn to promote their blockchain virtual hackathon to the Vietnam Blockchain Developers Community! Moreover, SotaTek is also honored to have Mr. Andy Nguyen - our CTO and also Top 10 Young Technology Leaders 2022 - participate as a KlayMakers22 Judge.
1. What is Klaytn?
Klaytn is a public blockchain focused on the metaverse, gamefi, and the creator economy. Officially launched in June 2019, it is the dominant blockchain platform in South Korea and is now undergoing global business expansion from its international base in Singapore.
These business expansion activities are supported by the US$500m Klaytn Growth Fund, which aims to grow the ecosystem of companies built on Klaytn. The fund is managed and disbursed by Klaytn Foundation, a Singapore-based non-profit organization established in August 2021.
2. Klaytn offered $400,000 USD in KlayMakers22 to nurture the next wave of Web3 startups
Hackathon Period: 29 Aug (Mon) - 30 Sep (Fri)
Klaytn has turned much of its attention to the developers, to make it easy for them to develop on the Klaytn chain. This investment, as well as our future community activities, will be committed to improving Web3, Metaverse accessibility and usability for everybody.
Blockchain needs to optimize transactions, create essential infrastructures, and increase technical accessibility in order to facilitate widespread use in Web 3 and Metaverse use cases. With those goals in mind, Klaytn announced the blockchain virtual hackathon - KlayMakers22 to turn Web 3, Metaverse blockchain ideas into reality.
- To leverage the creativity and diversity of Web3 developers to build Dapps and use cases on Klaytn ecosystem, while onboarding more Web2 developers into Web3 world with Klaytn.
- To size up our global developer community via developer engagement.
- To build enhancement features to the Klaytn core protocol, dapps and use cases to the Klaytn ecosystem and research work for the Klaytn ecosystem.
- By the end of the Hackathon, we should see an uptick in the number of Dapps/ proof-of-concepts/related blockchain research work on the Klaytn ecosystem.
3. Different Field’s Awards In KlayMakers22
We're looking for early-stage initiatives that enable the decentralized networks and protocols while also rewarding members who join and build in these communities, focusing on:
- The Klaytn Core+ track: For developers who are interested in driving improvement and building toolings on Klaytn core protocol.
- The Metaverse & NFTs track: For developers who are interested in building use cases and toolings in Metaverse & NFTs to support the growth of Klaytn ecosystem in these aspects.
- The DAO track: For developers who are interested in DAO use cases or its supporting toolings on the Klaytn ecosystem to drive the growth of community use cases on Klaytn ecosystem.
- The Fi+ track: For developers who are interested in building use cases and its supporting toolings of any Fi+ fields (e.g. DeFi, GameFi, MetaFi, SocialFi, etc.) on Klaytn ecosystem.
- The Public Goods track: For developers to take the chance to build use cases and toolings on the Klaytn ecosystem that could make a difference against public difficulties (e.g. climate change, pollution, war, oppression, economic inequality, fake news, etc.) and on any potential social impact.
More details about KlayMakers22:
- Application timing: 29 Aug (Mon) - 30 Sep (Fri).
- Total Prize Pool: US $400,000.
- No. of Klaytn’s Tracks: 5.
- No. of Prizes: 15 (3 per track)
- No. of Prize Sponsors: 10 (Only for Sponsors’ Challenges)
Now, let's pre-register for the hackathon to access developer workshops where you’ll get to learn about building on Klaytn and interact with the Klaytn team and Klaymakers22’s challenge sponsors: https://developer.klaytn.foundation/klaymakers22/